1. General Information
Starpay commits to protect your personal information by complying with the operative legislation concerning personal data protection in the Philippines, namely Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
2. The information we collect
By accessing the Starpay website, using the Starpay app, or availing of services offered by Starpay (collectively, the “Services”), Starpay may collect, store, and use your personal data about you, including (but not limited to) the following information:
- Identification data (e.g. name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
- Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference and any information that you choose to make available to others as part of your profile;
- Electronic identification data (e.g. IP addresses, cookies);
- Banking and payment information (e.g. credit card information, account number), whenever applicable;
- Service quality and survey results;
- Information about your usage of and interaction with the Starpay application, including whatever devices, and access was used to do so;
- Products or services ordered and delivered;
- List of your contacts and related data for you to choose to update your Starpay contact list;
- Your username and password for other email accounts where you have provided this to us and requested us to search for your friends on Starpay (please note that Starpay does not retain this information after completing the search or use it for any other purpose);
- Correspondence between you and Starpay;
- Traffic data (data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of communications or the billing thereof, including, but not limited to, various performance metrics of the application); and the content of instant messaging communications;
- Location information;
- Mobile device information, such as manufacturer’s name, device model number, operating system, carrier network;
- Location information, device identifiers and standard identifiers of the Wi-Fi networks your device detects, when you search for or connect to a WiFi hotspot;
o. Access tokens for other accounts you associate with your Starpay account (such as Facebook), which are like an electronic key provided by the service that acts in place of a password for authentication.
3. How and where we collect, store, and transmit data
Starpay collects personal information from you only when you choose to provide the same to Starpay when you use our Services. This personal information encompasses information you’ve communicated to us or you’ve given us access to. By volunteering personal information, you undertake to communicate accurate and up-to- date information that does not prejudice the interest of any third parties.
Information that is collected or sent to Starpay may be stored in the Philippines or in another country where Starpay or its service providers maintain facilities. In this regard, Starpay reserves the right to transfer information outside of the Philippines.
4. Purpose of Information
Upon giving us consent, we or third-party providers acting on our behalf may collect, store, use, disclose,
transfer, and/or process the information to:
- Enable you to access and use Starpay’s Services;
- Personalize and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analyzing market trends and customer demographics;
- Verify your identity;
- Communicate with you, in order to verify the personal information provided, or to request any additional information that is vital to avail of the Services
- Provide you with customer support;
- Inform you about service updates and faults;
- Request for feedback or participation in online surveys;
- Resolve disputes in relation to the use of the Starpay Services;
- Organize and carry out marketing and promotional offers or other related activities;
- Offer certain Starpay services, features, websites; and
- Protect your and Starpay’s interests, particularly in relation to any dispute involving the use of the Services, enforcement of Starpay’s Terms and Conditions, and prevent and fight against fraud.
5. Retaining your information
Collected personal information is retained for the period necessary to carry out the purposes stated in Section 4 (Purpose of Information) above. To protect the confidentiality of your personal data within the context of Section 4 (Purpose of Information) above, Starpay undertakes to exert all reasonable efforts and to take all practical steps to ensure that collected data is protected against any loss, misuse, unauthorized or accidental modification, access or disclosure, alteration or destruction, during the period of retention of the information. We guarantee that your personal data is permanently deleted once it is no longer required to fulfill its original purpose, or as required by the law.
6. Accessing data and ensuring accuracy
Starpay takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, not misleading and
kept up-to-date, consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected.
You may write to us if you would like access to your personal information, how your personal data were used, any disclosures of your personal data, and/or the reason for the disclosure of your personal data to the intended recipients. You may likewise contact us to correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Finally, if you wish to withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, and use of your personal information, please let us know and we will address your concern. For contact details, please see Section 11 (Inquiry) below.
We will exert reasonable efforts to resolve and/or address requests for access and information changes, as well as notices on withdrawal of consent, insofar as Starpay’s database is concerned, within a reasonable time from receipt of said request.
7. Keeping you informed
You agree to receive communications from us via email, post, telephone or by text of products, services and
other offers we think may be of interest to you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, you have an opportunity to object or withdraw your consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless and until we receive your objection or withdrawal of your consent, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting us through the contact details in Section 11 (Inquiry) below.
8. Third Party Providers and Data Privacy
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Services;
- To provide the Services on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related activities; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
These third-party providers are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
9. Website browsing and cookies
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
• understand browsing habits on this website;
- understand the number of visitors to this website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this website so we can provide you with a better browsing
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using our Services or visiting our website, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookies:
The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
10. Supply of other information
You may invite others to use the Starpay Services. If you avail of Starpay’s referral service, you may add the contact details of other possible users. The information entered through this system will only be used to generate a message to these potential users. By supplying the contact details of others, you confirm that such person has consented to the supply of their details and that we may identify you as the one who made the referral. We may include your name, email address, and/or phone number when we contact or extend an invite to the person you referred.
11. Location information
If you agree to access your loation, Starpay can use that information to provide services you request or personalize your experience. Starpay may contain offer features that are based on third-party map services that allow you to share your location on a map. When you request to plot your location on a map or to search for particular services based on your location, your request is provided to the third-party map service provider for processing. Location information may include data available cell tower data, wi-fi hotspot data, global positioning system data. When you use the feature to plot your location, the third-party map service will collect those requests and location-related information.
To learn more about how third-party mapping services collect and use information, see the privacy statements for those services.
Certain services may allow you to control when the location information is sent to Starpay or made available to others. Refer to the instructions of your device on how to turn off location features.
For questions or concerns regarding this Policy, the processing of your information, and your rights under the DPA, you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following details:
Contact Number : +632 637 2976
Mobile Number Email Address Office Address
: +63 998 847 7827
: 404 TCI Tower, 61 West Capitol Drive, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City