Frequently Asked Questions
How to create a Starpay account?
Creating a Starpay account is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Download the app from your App Store
- Google Play Store
- Apple App Store
- Huawei App Gallery
How do I upgrade my account to Level 2?
On your first log in, you’ll be asked to do a user level upgrade to apply to become Level 2. You can also find this in the sidebar menu.
When applying for Level 2, you’ll need to prepare the fo…
How will I know my account is verified?
Starpay will send a text message once your account is already approved for level 2
Why can’t I get verified?
Main common reason why the application is rejected its because the incorrect upload of the actual selfie may be cropped or no actual selfie at all, and invalid id’s uploaded, possible cropped, expired or old format.
Why is my application for account upgrade being rejected?
Main common reason why the application is rejected its because the incorrect upload of the actual selfie may be cropped or no actual selfie at all, and invalid id’s uploaded, possibly cropped, expired or old format.
What kind of IDs are allowed for account verification?
ACCEPTABLE AND VALID IDs:
EFFECTIVE MAY 28, 2020
•Senior Citizen ID
Only if signed and laminated:
ADDITIONAL ACCEPTABLE AND VALID IDs:
•Barangay certification/Barangay ID
•Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification/4Ps ID
•Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
•National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
•Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
I forgot my PIN, what do I do?
Don’t worry, all you have to do is contact Starpay’s Customer Service Hotline ((02) 8 333-7827, 0950 986 7827, 0939 600 0020, or 0921 777 7722) and ask them for assistance in resetting your PIN.
How can I change my PIN?
There are two ways to change your PIN. First, Simply call the Starpay Hotline at (02) 8 333-7827, 0950 986 7827, 0939 600 0020, or 0921 777 7722. Our team will be happy to assist you.
Another way is to visit Settings in-app and Select ‘Change PIN’.
Where can I see my transaction history?
You can see the transaction history on the menu top right corner that says Transaction history.
What are my wallet transaction limits?
For level 2 you have a maximum of 100,000 thousand that you can cash in on your starpay wallet.
How can I recover my account?
You can contact starpay’s customer service to provide details for verification, and they will reset the account including password and pin for you to access your account.
How can I delete my account?
No you cant delete your account on Starpay, you can just delete the app and don’t access it anymore.
Can I replace my email address?
Yes, by emailing us your request @ email@example.com and provide valid id and selfie for verification and give the reason for changing email address
What if I didn’t receive money after I cashed in?
What if I didn’t receive money after I cash in? Cash in from bank usually take 2 to 3 working days, with other outlets once you confirm your payment it will automatically credit on your starpay wallet.
What do I do if I entered the wrong number when cashing in?
Cash In via Instapay
Cash In via Instapay- Contact starpay customer service Request for refund if the end of transaction is invalid, if it is valid you can contact the cash in partner like banks and dragonpay.
Cash In via Over-The-Counter
The-Counter- Contact starpay customer service Request for refund if the end of transaction is invalid, if it is valid you can contact the cash in 711 or dragonpay.
How does cardless withdrawal via ChinaBank work?
Upon processing thru app china bank is cardless withdrawal , one you process it via china bank they will send you a reference number and pin for withdrawal maximum is 4k per day and validity of the pin and reference number is only 99 hours or 4 days, less 15 pesos for service charge.
How do I cash out via over-the-counter?
You can only cash out via M Lhuillier 50 service charge or via cardless withdrawal via china bank less 15 for service charge
PRODUCT AND SERVICES
How do I buy load?
Starpay app offers electronic loads, regulars load and promos just click buy load and will appear various choices.
How do I send money to another Starpay account?
Just click send money and type the mobile number of the other starpay account with no charges fee.
How do I transfer money to another bank account?
How do I transfer money to another bank account? Just click send money and choose 3rd part partners like banks, M Lhuillier with corresponding service charge.
Which banks are available through Instapay?
Using your Starpay app, you can send money instantly via Instapay. Below are the available banks for transfer:
- AllBank (A Thrift Bank), Inc.
- Asia United Bank Corporation
- Bangko Mabuhay (A Rural Bank), Inc.
- Bank of Commerce, Inc.
- Bank of Philippine Islands
- BanKo, A Subsidiary of BPI
- BDO Network Bank, Inc.
- BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Binangonan Rural Bank (BRBDigital)
- Camalig Bank
- Card Bank, Inc.
- Cebuana Lhuillier Bank / Cebuana Xpress
- China Bank Savings, Inc.
- China Banking Corporation
- CTBC Bank (Philippines) Corporation
- DCPay (Coins.ph)
- Development Bank of the Philippines
- Dumaguete City Development Bank
- Dungganon Bank (A Microfinance Rural Bank), Inc.
- East West Banking Corporation
- Equicom Savings Bank, Inc.
- G-XChange, Inc. (Gcash)
- ING Bank N.V.
- ISLA Bank (A Thrift Bank), Inc.
- Komo / EastWest Rural Bank
- LANDBANK / OFBank
- Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank, Inc.
- Maybank Philippines, Inc.
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
- Omnipay, Inc.
- Partner Rural Bank (Cotobato), Inc.
- PayMaya Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Bank of Communications
- Philippines Business Bank, Inc., A Savings Bank
- Philippine National Bank
- Philippine Savings Bank
- Philippine Veterans Bank
- PhilTrust Bank
- Producers Bank
- Queen City Development Bank
- Quezon Capital Rural Bank, Inc.
- Robinsons Bank
- Security Bank Corporation
- Sterling Bank Corporation, Inc., A Savings Bank
- Sun Savings Bank, Inc.
- UCPB Savings Bank, Inc.
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- United Coconut Planters Bank
- USCC Money Services
- Wealth Development Bank Corporation
What is QR PH?
QR Ph was developed for the adoption of an interoperable common QR code which may be scanned and interpreted by any participating bank or non-bank EMI for facilitating customers’ requests for fund transfers and payments. Below is the list of banks / e-wallets that adopted QR Ph as of March 31, 2021:
What are Favorites?
Favorites makes it easier for you to re-transact with a person or biller you’ve transacted with before. You’ll no longer need to re-input their key details such as their Name or Account Number.
How do I add a recipient as a Favorite on Send to Bank?
1. After completing a Send to Bank transaction, you will see the add to favorites button at the bottom of the confirmation page.
2. On the Add to Favorites page, give your recipient a name to remember their account easily.
3. Press Done and there you go! Your recipient is now in your Favorites section.
How do I add a biller as a Favorite on Pay Bills?
1. After completing a Pay Bills transaction, you will see the add to favorites button at the bottom of the confirmation page.
2. On the Add to Favorites page, give your biller a name to remember the account easily.
3. Press Done and there you go! Your biller is now in your Favorites section.
How do I delete a Favorite Biller?
1. On the Pay Bills Page, press the Edit button on the right side.
2. The icon of the Favorite billers will begin to shake. Press the X button on the upper right corner of the icon and confirm deletion.
How do I delete a Favorite Recipient from Send to Bank?
1. On the Send to Bank page, select Choose from Favorites.
2. On the upper right corner, select Edit.
3. A trash icon will appear beside the recipients. Press the trash icon of the recipient you intend to remove.
Gain access to more features when you upgrade
Select any of our trusted cash-in partners both online and offline
Instantly send money to fellow Starpay users