The Internal Auditor provides the organizations with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. They examine and improve operating practices, and financial and risk management processes of the organization with the end in view of protecting the company against fraud and theft of the assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure authenticity of financial records
- Reviews the organization’s business processes with special emphasis on financial processes to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Evaluate the efficacy of current risk management procedures to protect against fraud and theft in the organization.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Conduct risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Complete, accurate and timely audit reporting to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Plan and execute annual audits.